A Law of Attraction journal is a powerful, written way to incorporate positive thoughts into your everyday life and to speed up the manifestation of your dreams.
Your journal can include positive affirmations, expressions of gratitude, goal planning and much more.
This is a book for your journey and is a book to make your future come true.
Of the many ways to attract your future is to first write it in detail, exactly the way you intend.
Let’s see how it works.
What is the “Future You” Exercise and How Does it Work?
This is an exercise where you write as if you are in the future living your ideal life.
“Future You” is a very powerful visualization exercise, and if done correctly, will allow you to experience the feelings and emotions of your future self.
It can be written as a narrative about who you are, or as a letter from your future self to your current self. The narrative will give you clarity as to exactly where you are going. The letter has the added benefit of the “future you” being able to give advice to the “current you”.
As well as starting to manifest the life you want, this will create a deeper awareness of resources available and ideas to help you move closer to your ideal life.
The “Future You” exercise is not a new concept related to the Law of Attraction, but one that life coaches have been using for many years. It is also known as the “As if” exercise.
Many life coaching techniques (including this one) are “perceptual shift exercises”. The intention of these exercises is to help you look at your life from a different perspective.
The “future you” exercise is an intention setting tool and is also known as “scripting“. By setting your intentions, your subconscious mind will look for ways to make it happen.
Knowing what your ultimate goal is, your subconscious mind will help you to make the right decisions to become aware of opportunities and resources you never noticed before and to steer you towards the manifestation of your dreams.
Tips to Manifesting an Awesome “Future You”
There is no specific right or wrong method but these general tips should be born in mind:
- Write “as you speak”. Use casual conversation style writing.
- Don’t worry about grammar and spelling etc. No one else is going to read it. If you know what you mean, nothing else matters. Use slang if it suits you.
- If you are struggling to think about your future you, then choose an age and write from that age. (For example, 5- or 10-years’ time).
- Do not worry about how you will achieve your goals and dreams, just write as if you have already achieved them. The more you practice this, the more surprised you will be at how quickly you achieve your goals. There are endless possibilities and ways in which you cannot even begin to imagine to achieve the same objective
- Write about every aspect of your life. For example, your health, your career, your relationships etc.
- Write in present tense if you are writing in narrative form, and past tense if you are writing a letter from your future self.
Like this article? Pin it on Pinterest
Overcome Fears and Limiting Beliefs with a Journal
Think about your fears and write about how you feel now that you have overcome them.
For example, if you are afraid of public speaking, you can write about how confident you are as a public speaker. Examples of what you can write are “I am a confident and sincere public speaker”, or “public speaking is an invaluable skill I learnt over the last 2 years that has boosted my career”.
Think of any internal barriers and limiting beliefs you may currently have that are stopping you from living your dream. Write down your new beliefs about the same things.
For example, you may be afraid of conflict. Your limiting belief around that could be “Conflict is difficult” or “I don’t like upsetting people”.
You could replace these limiting beliefs with phrases such as:
- Conflict is a constructive way to work through differences
- I always feel better after I have expressed myself
- I didn’t realize that people would prefer me to tell them how I am feeling instead of silently resenting them
- Our relationship has grown stronger since I started to express my feelings
- I am surprised at how easily we managed to find a compromise that works for both of us, since I have started speaking up
As you can see, there are many positive ways to express your future self that can help address a limiting belief you hold today.
Recording Your Values in Your Law of Attraction Journal
Think about everything that is important for you.
For example, if family time is a non-negotiable, you would incorporate this into your future you, by writing about your awesome job with flexible hours that enables you to spend more time with your family than you ever have before.
If recognition is important to you, you can write about all the awards and recognition you have received in the last 2 years.
This is a fun and exciting exercise. It is your opportunity to experience your future ideal self and to start manifesting your dream life.
Be creative. See this as a fresh start on the journey to realize your potential and live the life of your dreams.
Your Law of Attraction journal is destined to play an important part in your journey!