Do you sometimes forget how to think positive thoughts?
Those times when nothing seems to go right and everything you touch turns to disaster?
In those moments, it can be difficult to see the positive in anything.
We have the answer. And it’s not alcohol.
In this article you’ll find our downloadable PDF worksheet “6 Positive Thoughts to Help You Get What You Want”.
This simple 1-page worksheet helps you focus on 6 critical positive thoughts. These thoughts help you breakthrough negative thinking and see any subject in a new light.
You can use this worksheet template for any situation in your life and only takes a few minutes to complete.
Download it once and it’s yours to print as many times as you like.
Click Here to download your worksheet
Let’s look at the 6 positive thoughts that are going to help you get what you want.
- I want this
- This is possible
- I am capable
- I am deserving
- It’s OK to fail
- I see possibilities
Let’s begin. What do you want?
I Want This
First and foremost, you must be clear and specific about what you want.
Knowing what you want puts you in the right frame of mind and in the right place to receive what you want.
You MUST be specific about anything you want to get in life.
Whether it’s a new job, car, soulmate, vacation, more money or a new home, you need to express exactly what it is.
- If it’s a new home, then how many bedrooms does it have? How big is the garden? What does the kitchen look like? Be very detailed in what you want.
- If it’s your soulmate then what do they look like? What are their interests? What job do they do? Add as much detail as you can.
- If you want to experience a fantastic vacation, then where do you want to go? Where will you stay? What food will you eat? Who will you be with?
The reason for this detail is because you need to tap into the Law of Attraction and tell the Universe what you want to attract into your life.
As well as knowing what you want, you need to know “Why” you want it.
We all have our own reasons for setting goals and ambitions. These reasons (our “Why’s”) are what keep us going when the going gets tough.
- You want a new home to raise a growing family in a safe and fun place.
- Your soulmate is someone who will share your life journey at the deepest possible level.
- The vacation is your reward for the hard work you’ve put in at your job. You’ve earned it!
So when you say “I Want This” be specific about what it is and why you want it.
This is Possible
Have faith that what you want is possible.
Your belief must be stronger than your doubt.
Your belief creates the positive mindset you need to reach your goals and make your dreams possible.
Otherwise, you’re just dreaming and hoping something nice will happen.
You need to create an unshakable confidence that you will get what you want.
There are many ways to do this:
- Talk your goal through with supportive friends, family or co-workers. Get their opinions and support. This will boost your confidence.
- Create a vision board with images, photos and quotes that stir powerful positive emotions about your goal. Looking at this vision board each day keeps your focus on the goal.
- Write out a simple plan to make your goal happen. When you see the steps you need to take you realize you just need to take one step at a time.
One step after the other will get you to your destination.
I am Capable
You are capable of anything you set your mind to.
However, it needs to be said that each of us doubts ourselves on some level.
We may be outstanding in our job but lack confidence to start a meaningful relationship. You could be incredible at making friends but unable to organize your finances.
One area of your life is a breeze, another part is a struggle.
These self-limiting beliefs hold you back.
So with your goal in mind, write down all the skills, knowledge and aptitude you have right now. Go on, brag a little. What do you do well that will help you achieve your goal?
However, you need to remember that you do not have to do everything on your own.
Being capable includes knowing when to ask for help, building a team or learning new skills.
Believe in yourself and your capability.
I am Deserving
You are deserving and worthy to receive the success and rewards you are striving for.
Your self-image is yours and yours alone to create. It is not for others to define you.
Acknowledge the goals you set for yourself are worthy of you and you of them.
No one can say different.
Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can
Richard Bach, Author
Write down why you are worth of your goals. Be confident and be strong (even if you may not feel it at first).
Take small steps towards your goal and for each step, acknowledge the step increases and validates your self-worth.
You deserve to reach your goal because you have taken the responsibility to take action towards your goal.
Own the goal. Own your self-worth.
It’s OK to Fail
From a young age we are told it’s not OK to fail.
We can’t fail our exams. We can’t come last. Recognition will only be given to the successful ones.
The irony is that in order to succeed you must be prepared to fail.
You don’t want to fail. You don’t plan to fail. However, despite all your plans (BTW if you want to make God laugh, show him your plans), whatever you want to achieve does not transpire.
To some people this would be called a failure.
Other, more successful people, would applaud your effort. They would cheer you for having a go. They would recognize that the opinions of others do not count for much.
So give it everything and don’t hold back.
But, do not judge yourself solely on the results.
Recognize the lessons. Enjoy newfound friends. Appreciate the new skills learned. Acknowledge the journey.
Dust yourself off, take a deep breath and start again.
Like this Article? Pin on Pinterest!
See the Possibilities
We started our 6 positive thoughts with the need to be specific. This is how you MUST start.
However, if we only see our goal and that goal alone, we may miss the journey and the unlimited possibilities all around.
The challenge is to keep your goal high in your mind while allowing other paths, opportunities and possibilities to come into view.
Learn to think positive thoughts.
Here’s a possibility you must also accept.
In the beginning you said “I want this”. However, during your journey to achieve “I want this” you learn and experience things you could not have known at the start.
Because of what you learn, by the end of your journey it may no longer be “I want this” it may now be “I want that”.
The journey will teach you if you’re willing to learn.
Be prepared to see the possibilities!
People Also Ask About:
Positive Thinking Exercises
There are lots of positive thinking exercises to help you develop a positive mindset.
Here are five of our favorites:
- Affirmations – say these positive phrases on a daily basis to help program mind to think positively
- Gratitude journal – start a journal and each day write down 3-5 things you are grateful for. This helps you focus on the good in your life.
- Breathing – learn some breathing exercises to regulate your body and mind, enjoy the peace this brings
- Respond not react – when you choose how to calmly engage with the world you have the ability to choose your thoughts and feelings. When you react without thinking to events and people you are not in control and become a prisoner of your reactions. The more you respond, instead of react, the happier you will become.
- Smile and say thank you – this simple action will brighten up the day of someone else as well as you!
Think Positive Quotes
Here are 5 of our favorite positive thinking quotes:
Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
Positive thinking can be contagious. Being surrounded by winners helps you develop into a winner.
We May Encounter Many Defeats But We Must Not Be Defeated.
Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.